THE CONCEPT OF E-GOVERNANACE
The term Digital or Electronic Governance refers to governance processes in which information and Communications Technology (ICT) play's a significant role. The role played by ICT could be wide-ranging: in delivery and standards of governance services, how people access such services and the participation of people in the governance sphere. Electronic Governance uses ICT to induce changes in the delivery and standards of governance services and more importantly, in the way citizens interact and participate in the governance sphere. The resulting benefits of e-Government can include less corruption, increased transparency, greater convenience, revenue growth, and/or cost reductions.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
1. COMPUTERIZATION OF ARMS LICENSESThis project will help Home & Tribal Affairs department to automate arm licenses system and its processes (issuing, renewal and monitoring system) to attain efficiency & effectiveness to the optimum level.
2. OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
The objectives of the project are to improve internal efficiency of the government departments, improve access to information, provide e-services to citizens and bring greater transparency in government-citizens interactions.
- Computerized submission of all forms at the Deputy Commissioner Offices.
- Facilitation of citizen services.
- Ensure transparency in government-public interactions.
- Building digitized databases and implementing two-way communication to facilitate Security/e-services delivery to citizens.